Personal Injury Lawyers in Indiana Getting You Fair Compensation for Your Accident
Sustaining an injury for another person’s actions or a company’s wrongdoing can feel defeating, even when it’s not your fault. It’s often a matter of the wrong place and wrong time when unfortunate events like this occur, though it doesn’t make the outcome any less difficult.
This is especially true when your home, income, and other personal and professional assets are at stake, and you don’t know where to turn next or who to trust. Many companies involved in personal injury cases, such as insurance companies, have no vested interest in you as a person.
You could stand to lose even more without the right representation, and that’s why we do what we do.
Where other companies and maybe even personal injury attorneys miss the mark, it’s our personal injury attorneys’ mission at Katie Charleston Law, P.C. to stand up for you.
We protect the injured or the deceased when they can’t protect or speak for themselves, whether you’ve been subjected to an accident, an injury, or another serious issue.
What is a Personal Injury?
An injury inflicted on a person due to negligence is considered personal injury. Several personal injuries might demand a personal injury lawyer in Indiana to protect you or your business, including:
- Elder abuse: One of the most heart-wrenching situations to witness is a vulnerable loved one being mistreated, abused, or neglected. If an elderly loved one is being abused or neglected, whether at home, in a medical facility, a nursing home, or elsewhere, you have the right to report the abuse and take legal action. Some examples of elder abuse or neglect include seclusion or restriction of visitors, restriction of access to facilities or to go outdoors, over medication, physical harm from rough handling or hitting, unnecessary use of restraints, lack of proper care, and inadequate resident supervision, just to name a few. Signs to look for include torn, stained, bloody clothing, injuries, frequent falls, blank stares, drowsiness, drooling, change in personality, fear or unexplained nervousness, and excessive weight gain or sudden weight loss. We understand what a scary and complicated decision it can be to report abuse, and we are here to help you through the process.
- Slip and fall accidents: Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere. An employee can break a foot after slipping on a wet floor at work, or a customer can lose their balance on an icy walkway. You might hire a personal injury lawyer like Katie Charleston Law, P.C. to help get you fair compensation for some of the most common slip and fall injuries, including broken bones, spinal cord injuries, neck injuries, concussions, severe cuts and lacerations, and keen, elbow and shoulder injuries.
- Wrongful death: Wrongful death is a death that results from the carelessness or recklessness of another person or entity. If a person, company, or governmental body had a duty to provide a reasonable level of safety to a person and did not, or took actions that directly caused a person’s death, they may be held liable and damages may be paid to loved ones.
You won’t feel alone in this process with our experienced injury lawyers by your side—all you need to do is pick up the phone and share your story.
What Happens When I Get Injured?
Unexpected injuries naturally cause emotional distress and confusion. In the instance you’re able, you can take these steps to better protect yourself after an incident, as they apply:
- Seek medical attention: If you have been involved in an accident or a slip and fall incident, get yourself to the nearest hospital or urgent care for a thorough evaluation. Don’t hesitate. A check-up will ensure your immediate safety and also provide medical documentation and details, which is important for filing personal injury claims and helpful to your injury attorney.
- Take photos, document the incident and resulting injuries: As much as possible, document everything. If it’s an accident or slip and fall, take photos of any injuries, damages, and the scene of the crime. For a medical injury, on the other hand, you’ll want to keep any notes from your appointment, prescriptions, before and after photos if possible, and any other evidence. Your ability to offer tangible things like this, of course, will differ depending on the case.
- Contact our personal injury attorneys: Reach out to our personal injury attorneys shortly after you’ve experienced physical or mental harm due to a company’s product, medical-related incident, or another sustained personal injury. We will determine whether you have a case and what the next potential steps might look like.
Having more details in hand and information about your case and accident will provide our personal injury lawyers with more leverage and sustainable evidence to build a personal injury case on your behalf.
What are Common Mistakes People Make After an Injury?
Following an accident or injury, just as there are things you should do, these are primary examples of mistakes not to make that could harm your case.
As a starting point, don’t wait too long to seek justice. In Indiana specifically, you must file a lawsuit within two years of the date of the accident or injury, or risk having your case dismissed without being heard. Seek the help of our experienced injury lawyers right away and have your case assessed, for free.
Don’t ignore your physician’s medical advice related to your injuries. It’s important to follow your doctor’s recommendations with your post-accident care. As your partner, we assist you in following through with your treatment plan until your case is resolved.
Next, avoid settling with an insurance company on your own. Insurance adjusters, when handling your personal injury claim, use a formula to calculate damages and essentially, assign you a specific dollar amount. Their job is to give you the least amount possible, period.
Our role is to fight for fair and true compensation based on injuries sustained and the overall total losses as a result of the damages to your life.
Find Out if You Have a Personal Injury Case
If a person or company in Indiana has caused you physical or mental harm, personal injury attorneys with Katie Charleston Law, P.C. will protect your rights and, through the best possible outcome for your situation, help you recover damages.
If you have been injured due to an accident, you could lose out on thousands of dollars without attorney representation. You’re worth more than that.
The attorney-client relationship is at the forefront of our legal services, so part of our commitment to helping you is by offering a review of your case, no-strings-attached.
We’ll take a number of factors into consideration during your free consultation and will leave you with more clarity rather than confusion when we’re done.
Don’t wait any longer and book a meeting with one of our personal injury lawyers today: (317) 663-9190.